This year we started the 4th of July with a ward activity bright and early at 7am. They did a nice flag ceremony and breakfast. Scott went to it, but Boston and I stayed home because I was sick. Then I had to teach a water aerobics class at the gym. I thought no one would be there on a holiday, but it was my biggest class ever. I think there were close to 30 people there. We listened to patriotic music while we exercised and they loved it.
When I got home from the gym, we met up with some friends at our neighborhood pool. We swam for a couple hours and then headed home for naps and showers.
That night we went to our friend's house for a BBQ.
We are so grateful for good friends to share the holidays with in Texas. I always get homesick around the 4th of July. I'm so happy that we are planning to be in Utah next July. I already can't wait.
This trifle was so good. It made Scott feel right at home too because they always have a cake similar to this for his sister's birthday which is on the 4th of July.
The Keck's just had baby Bradly about 8 weeks ago. He is so adorable, and I love these pictures of Boston holding him.
Boston loves babies. Every time he sees one he wants to hold them and play with them. That's how I was at his age too, so maybe he gets it from me. He's doing "this little piggy" with Bradly in this picture.
So cute. :)
After dinner and dessert, we went to a parking lot near Sea World to watch fireworks. It was a good spot because we could see a couple different firework shows from there.
Here's the group. It was a good 4th of July!
1 comment:
What fun you have with your fabulous friends in Texas!
Next year we are planning some fun things for the 4th if it doesn't interfere with your family.
One day to Snowbird for the Alpine Slide, zipline, etc.
Day two we are renting a blow up water slide for the kids and doing family fireworks.
Day three the parade and city fireworks. You are invited to any or all! The 4th is one of the best holidays ever. Let me know if it interferes with any Billings plans and we can tweek it or combine the two families!
Barry still wants to visit in October for the Boys trip. We would like to come to the baby blessing and then see you in July. Yay, it gives us something to look forward to.
Post a Comment