Thursday, June 27, 2013

Summer Library Time

We've been going to the library kid's programs near our house for the past three years since we moved here. Kari, the lady that does the program, was just telling me today that it's been fun for her to watch Boston grow up because he has a similar personality to her daughter. He learns best when he is active! She told me she had to teach her daughter to read upside down! Ha ha. I don't think I'll have to do that with Boston. He's actually getting really good at sitting, and his attention span has grown a lot! 


I really appreciate their effort in doing such a good job with their kid's programs, and it's free too!  


Kari plans so many fun active things every week, and she told me once that when she was planning her Summer program, she planned a lot of activities with Boston in mind. I think that's so awesome, and nice of her! I'm going to get her a thank-you gift!


Every week they have a different theme, and this week the theme was Western. This is Boston riding his "horse" rounding up his "sheep." 


They always have one big room decorated with the theme where they can do all sorts of different active and imaginative things. They are so creative! For the Western theme they had the lights out with stars hanging up and sleeping bags on the floor so they could sleep under the stars. They also had cowboy dress-up clothes that Boston had fun with. 





There's always a craft too, so for the Western theme they glued a horse and cow to a paper and painted with mud. 


These next pictures are from the beach theme week, so that's why Boston's wearing his swim suit. 


They always start library time on the floor for stories, songs, and a puppet show. 


Then they visit all the different stations around the library for the activities. 


Here's the big decorated room with a river for boating and fishing. There were fish in the river with velcro on them that you could pick up with a roller.  




Making a jellyfish. 


 Here's the finished jellyfish. 



One week they had Spikey Mikey, the magician come. 


It was crowded! I didn't get to see the show because there was no room, but I think Boston enjoyed it. 


Pick me, pick me! 




The library also had a reading program where the kids could earn a free book if they read (or listened to) 15 books. Boston was so excited to pick out his book to keep.


Look which book he picked. I promise he picked it, not me. He's his momma's boy. The next morning he requested to wear his tennis shoes instead of his flip flops that he normally wears because he wanted to run fast. It was so cute.

1 comment:

Elder and Sister Fitzgerald said...

Holy cow! That is the most amazing library program I have ever heard of. I am so impressed. What a fun time for Boston. Wow.