The past three Saturdays this month have been filled with fun Christmas parties.
The first one we went to was the USAA party for the kids. Every year USAA does a kid Christmas party, and an adult one. They really know how to throw parties, and spoil their employees at Christmas time! At the kid party there were all sorts of games for the kids to play and earn prizes, a magician, balloon artists, Santa, and treats.
The USAA kids party was during the day, and later that evening we had our ward Christmas party. They had different rooms set up for the kids where they could learn about the meaning of Christmas, visit Santa, make an ornament, listen to Christmas stories, and make a Christmas card for the missionaries in our ward. Then we had a nice Christmas dinner and listened to a Christmas program. The primary kids sang some Christmas songs, and Boson went up there even though he's not in primary yet. He didn't know the words to the songs, but he pretended to sing. He just wanted to feel included, and hold one of the little candles. He'll be in primary soon though! Just a couple more weeks, and he'll be a Sunbeam.
The following Saturday we went to the USAA adult party. We look forward to this party all year! The theme this year was Fire and Ice, and the band was Earth, Wind, and Fire. The decorations and entertainment are always awesome, but our favorite part is the food. It's amazing! They told us the amount of food it takes to put on this Christmas party, and I can't remember all the numbers, but I do remember they said 53,000 desserts, and a TON (literally) of green beans. Crazy!
We also went to a fun Christmas party with some friends last night. White elephant gift exchanges are so fun. There's always lots of laughs. The best gift of the night was the awkward family photo album. It was purchased at Target, and it was a book full of the most awkward, but real family photos. It was hilarious. Scott and I actually got some pretty cool gifts that we'll be wrapping up and giving to Boston on Christmas. Ha ha. One was a Darth Vader gum ball machine that has sound effects, and one was a gingerbread cookie making kit. I originally opened that Texas longhorn snuggie, but it got stolen from me. I was actually excited when I opened it, and the girl that brought it looked surprised and said, "Oh, Did you want one of those?" It was funny. So I got laughed at, but I kind of did want one, and apparently I wasn't the only one since it got stolen. :) The green shirt with the T-rex up there says, "Hates push-ups." That was a good one too, and the recipient of the little piggy slippers was happy with her gift.
And I wanted to post a picture of the veggie Christmas tree I brought to the party in case anyone wants to make one for Christmas dinner or something. Really cute and easy!




1 comment:
I love your vegie tray! I've got to remember that for next year :)
Your USAA parties are incredible. Can't even imagine how awesome they are.
Post a Comment