Sunday, December 16, 2012

10 Things We'll Miss

I already did a post about all the things we won't miss about our apartment, but here's some things we will miss. 

1. Being able to walk 1 mile to the shopping area next to us. 

2. The smaller your house, the less you have to clean. :) I'm sure I'll miss our cute little apartment just a little bit the first time I mop our new kitchen floor, or carry our vacuum up a flight of stairs. 



3. Free cookies in the clubhouse. Boston's really going to miss those. One of his first words was cookie, thanks to living here. He learned really quick that the office in front of our apartment had cookies, so whenever we would drive by it, he would point and say cookie. (He still does that.)

4. Free printing in the office. It's been nice not having to worry about refilling our ink cartridge. 

5. Being able to ask the maintenance guys for help when something needs to be fixed while Scott is at work.  Like the time when there was a HUGE, disgusting spider hanging in our stairwell and I almost fell down the stairs when I saw it. The maintenance guy saw me and thought I tripped or something, but when I told him it was just a spider, he came and killed it. I was grateful that I wouldn't have to see that thing again the next time I went down the stairs. Boston's going to miss the maintenance guys in general. They are his buddies. He always says hi to them, and stops to talk to them for a  minute, and they love it.

6. Our neighbors. We've gotten to know a few people in our complex, thanks to Boston. He says hi to everyone, and he thinks anyone that crosses his path is his friend, no matter how old they are.

7. Not having to do yard work on Saturdays, or any day. :)



8. Having "fun" money. Hello mortgage, goodbye fun. :) It's worth it for a little while though because we only have to move once since we'll stay here as long as we're in Texas, we love the area, and we love the house! 

9. A gym across the parking lot. I didn't use it all that often, but it was really convenient for the times I did use it. And Scott said we'll miss the hot tub, even though I think we used it maybe twice the entire time we lived here. But I'm sure he's right. Once we don't have it anymore, we'll miss it. 



10. Not having home ownership responsibility and commitment!

So those are the things we'll miss about our apartment, but they definitely don't stop us from being really excited to move into our house. It doesn't feel real to us yet. Scott and I were talking about how weird it's going to be the first night we actually sleep in our house. 

3 comments:

Camille said...

Seeing all of these pictures makes ME miss Alamo Ranch! And you are right, sometimes I DO miss the apartment-style living, but you will LOVE having a place to call your own. Congratulations on all of this exciting home-buying stuff!

Elder and Sister Fitzgerald said...

You are so smart to take these pictures and make your lists about your apartment life. It will be fun to remember. I know you will love your new place. We are excited for you!

Jaylynn said...

Hope the move goes well. We are excited for you!