Sunday, July 1, 2012

Random Summer Pictures

We feel really spoiled and lucky to have so many fun things to do this Summer. We've been staying really busy with all sorts of things around San Antonio, and now we are counting down the days to Utah! I think I need to make a count down chart for Boston for this next week. Every morning he wakes up and says, "OK, I slept two minutes! Now I go on a plane and see Grandma!" It's so cute, and sad too that he has to wait one more week and two days. 


We've been going to Aquatica, the new waterpark at Sea World, on Monday nights for Family Night after Scott gets home from work. 


We've also been going on Friday nights as well sometimes. Aquatica closes in August, so we are making sure to get our Aquatica fill before we leave for Utah! 


Boston never seems to get bored of Sea World. This past Friday we went in the morning with some friends in the ward, and then we went back that night after Scott got off work. He was just as excited, if not more excited, to go back for the second time that day. We are very grateful to live so close to Sea World. 


It's been really fun being able to take Boston on more water slides with us this year. He loves to go on some of the big tube slides with us that he's just barely tall enough for. Actually, he might be a little too short still, but we didn't realize that until we had already gone on them a bunch of times. One time a lifeguard stopped Scott and said Boston wasn't tall enough, but then decided to let them go anyway since they'd already been about 5 times. 


Even though he's had a taste of the big slides now, he still loves the little slides that he can do by himself. 


He feels so big and independent going down the little slides by himself. He likes to go backwards and on his stomach too. 


We've also been going to the library once or twice a week. 


The library near our house has an awesome Summer program. They do crafts, stories, and free lunches 3 times a week. This is Boston on ninja day wearing his ninja hat and making a ninja out of a popsicle stick. 


Here's Boston having a picnic at the library. I was so surprised when I heard they just give out a free lunch to the kids 3 days a week. We just happened to be there one day during the lunch time. It's pretty awesome. 


Boston loves having picnics at the library. One day we were heading home in the car and I told him we were going to eat lunch, and he said, "No. They have lunch at the library." I wasn't planning on library time that day, but he was pretty insistent about wanting to eat at the library, so I decided why not. It was nice for me not having to figure out what to make for his lunch, and we got some good books to read too.


The library also did a Summer reading program where the kids could get a free book if they read 15 books. Boston just finished and got a cute book about a mouse. It's a Christmas book, but we've been reading it every night anyway. It's one of his new favorite books.  


We also went to a magic show at the library one day. Boston's come a long way with his ability to sit and listen since we first started going to the library. He looks so grown-up in this picture. :) 


I love this picture. Boston thought the magician was hilarious. 


I love how most of the kids are looking fairly amused, but Boston is about to pop a vain in his neck. Ha ha. We love how happy and animated this kid is. 


Here's Spikey Mikey, the Magician. 



I had to take a picture of Boston with one of his new found snack loves. I never would have guessed that Boston's would fall in love with peanuts. Not sugar coated peanuts either, just plain old peanuts. He loves to eat them straight from the jar, and he can really pack them in too. Here he is enjoying his peanuts with his morning cereal. Mmmm. Nothing like peanuts for breakfast. He doesn't really like meat very much, so I'm glad he's found a good source of fat and protein for his skinny little arms and legs. 



Here's Boston using his dad's deodorant like a "big boy." After Boston takes a shower he's been requesting to use his dad's deodorant. I think it's cute, so I let him. When I open the cupboard and he sees it, he says, "I want to use that like a big boy." He also likes to use my blow dryer, much to Scott's dismay. :) Scott tried to tell him it was for girls, but he's seen me use it so many times, and he just likes to do whatever we do. It's fun watching Boston mimic us.

It's been fun having a little buddy to hang out with this Summer. One day he told me I was his best friend. That topped my favorite mom moments list. It made my day. He said the same thing to Scott yesterday too while I was doing errands, and they were hanging out together. We feel so blessed to have Boston! 

2 comments:

Reeve family said...

Such cute pictures! Boston is such a good little boy! We need to start going to the library with you guys, it looks fun!

Heidi F said...

Wow, Boston is growing up! I'm so glad you post about all the things you do with him. Can't wait to see you all soon! LOVE you!