This year was probably the best 4th of July we've had in Texas so far, but it still doesn't compare to Utah's 4th of Julys. We will probably always miss our traditional hometown 4th of Julys, but at least we got to see fireworks this year and spend the day with great friends!
I started the day with the Freedom Day 4 Miler at a park near our house. I was attempting to make it feel a little more like my 4th of Julys in Utah since I used to run the Kaysville 5K or 10K on the 4th of July. It was a fun run, but so humid! I miss Utah running a lot during the Summer here. I don't ever miss it in the Winter though! I had Scott and Boston stay home to get ready for our BBQ, so I just took this picture real quick after the race.
When I got home from the race we headed up to Guadalupe State Park to meet some friends for swimming and a BBQ.
It was the perfect place for kids to swim because the water was really shallow and calm.
We went to this State Park last year for July 4th as well, but it was a lot more fun this year with friends! We also brought our bathing suits this time. We've learned that any outdoor Summer activity in Texas has to include water. Last year we thought we'd just ride our bikes around the park. Ha ha. We know better now that that's a November activity.
The kids had a blast playing together in the water and the rocks.
Scott was the hamburger/hot dog maker at the BBQ. Thanks Scott for standing by the hot grill for us!
The kids had fun doing some pop-it's while they waited for their hamburgers and hot dogs to cook.
Boston was completely worn out by the time we drove home. He was eating some chips in the car, and literally 30 seconds after he ate his last chip he was asleep. I looked back to ask him a question, and was surprised to see he was completely zonked out. It made Scott and I laugh. You had to see his face. He looked sooo exhausted. Who knew you could go from eating to sleeping in just 30 seconds?
Later that night we went to Sea World and saw a Shamu show, and then watched the fireworks. We hadn't seen fireworks the past couple 4th of Julys, so it was fun to see some again. Although, I do have to say that standing in a crowded and hot Sea World isn't quite the same as sitting on some pretty green grass enjoying the cool Summer night, but we'll take what we can get because it was better than the TV fireworks we saw last year. We still love Texas, even though we've been spoiled by Utah's 4th of Julys. It was a fun day, and we're so grateful to live in America!
1 comment:
Amen sister! Nothing compares to Utah 4th of Julys. Looks like you guys made it fun!
Post a Comment