Well, we are entering our third year of apartment living in San Antonio. We thought we were only going to be here for one year, but life is full of surprises. We've been looking for houses off and on, and two months ago we thought we found "the one," but we ended up losing a bidding war. So, we've decided to keep enjoying the pool across the parking lot and not having to take care of a yard for a little longer.
After re-organizing all our closets, I'm feeling much more comfortable in our little apartment. Waiting for the right time to buy a house just got a lot easier, and moving to that house when we finally do move will be a lot easier now too!
Here's some more pictures of some things I did to our closets:
(Above is an AFTER picture.)
Since we don't have any extra storage units, or a garage, we have to fit A LOT of stuff into our little bedroom closet. It got a little out of control after awhile, but I think we are now efficiently using every inch of space from the floor to the ceiling.
DURING
I had already started clearing stuff out to start over before I snapped a before picture.
I wish I had some better before pictures, but here's a couple more AFTER pictures:
See what I mean by using every inch of space from floor to ceiling? You can't really get the full effect from the picture though. I wish I would have taken a picture of the top left corner of this closet. I have a shoe holder on the shelf that goes all the way to the ceiling.
I got this idea for my necklaces off Pinterest. You are supposed to hang a towel rod and then buy the S shaped shower curtain hooks to hang each necklace on. I didn't know where I would hang the towel rod, so I just used a bar in my closet to hang them.
I love it because they don't get all tangled in each other anymore.
This is a cupboard in our bathroom that used to store a stack of blankets. Since we never use our collection of extra blankets, we boxed them up. I added some plastic drawers to this closet and turned it into my gym and swimming supply closet.
Going through all my photos was a time consuming project.
I condensed all my photos into this one box instead of having so many different photo albums.
These boxes were on sale at Michaels, and they came in handy.
I had saved a newspaper from the day that Boston was born, but I didn't know where to put it since it was too big to keep in his baby book, so I had to let it go.
My mom saved a lot of my artwork and papers from elementary school, and she was a little sad when I told her I threw them away, but at least I took photos of most of them before I threw them away!
I thought it was sad that Scott threw this away, but he said he didn't need it since it was from Jr. High and he had the same one from High School. At least we have a picture of it.
Here's a DURING picture of the coat closet re-organization. Who needs this many coats? We may live in Texas, but obviously we grew up in Utah.
Games BEFORE
Games AFTER
The games didn't fit in the coat closet after putting them in the crates, so the only place for them was the top of our closet.
We still have way too many coats, but we made a teeny tiny bit more room in our coat closet by boxing up our snowboarding coats. The blue bin at the top has those coats as well as some sweats and hoodies. You can't see it in the picture, but on top of the blue bin is some smaller containers with scarves, mittens, hats, etc.
This is the closet outside on our porch. I didn't take a before picture, but it actually doesn't look a whole lot different. It does feel less stuffed though. I know we could fit more stuff in here, but you have to be careful about what you store outdoors here since it's so hot and humid. Most of the stuff out here I would prefer to store indoors, but we don't really have an option.
Scot added a third shelf in our laundry closet for me for Mother's Day.
Scott has A LOT of cords.
The large Ziploc bags have a general cord label like Audio or Power, and inside each large Ziploc is a bunch of small Ziplocs with all the different cords and their weird names. I made Scott help me one Saturday with this since I had no idea what all those cords were for, or what they were called.
These cords used to be in a shoe box, but they weren't separated, so they were a jumbled mess. This will be much easier.
I can't believe there are no more little piles or stacks of things to be sorted through. Sometimes I thought it was never going to end.
I finished my Spring cleaning project just in time for a one week vacation with my sister who came to visit!
Lots of pictures coming soon from that week! We crammed a lot in, and it was so fun.











3 comments:
oh my goodness, Andrea! You are so organized! Your place looks great! I have to say, the thing I'm most impressed with is how all your running medals fit into that little box... I think you need an entire storage unit for all the races your won :)
Your organizational skills are superb! Everything looks wonderful. Congrats on all your did!
Good work! I bet that feels amazing to be totally organized! Wish I could find the time to do that too!
Post a Comment