Kristen came to visit for a week, so we had plenty of time to do some other things besides camping and the beach.
We went shopping a couple different times.
We went to the gym a couple times, and did a little bike riding to get some ice cream and fro yo.
We rode our bikes through the Burger King drive thru to get Boston an ice-cream sundae on our way to Spoon It. Kristen didn't think we could ride our bikes through the drive-thru, but I didn't see why not. The lady that took our order thought it was hilarious. She said she'd never seen anyone do that before.
The fro yo made the 100 degree bike ride all worth it. It also made Kristen and I feel like little kids riding our bikes in the Summer to get some ice-cream.
We also went to the movies, and ate at Jason's Deli again. They have yummy gluten free sandwiches there, plus a salad bar, and free ice-cream. That's why we ate there two nights in a row. :) I was so full both times, it was worse than Thanksgiving.
We got to sit in some awesome leather recliner seats at the theater that were huge. I'm not sure if all the rooms have these awesome seats, or if we just got lucky.
After our 10PM dinner, Kristen really wanted to see the San Antonio temple.
We drove up there, but the gates were closed, so we tried to take a couple pictures from the outside with the self-timer. The temple didn't make it into this one.
But after about 50 more tries, we managed to get a picture with both us and the temple.
We crammed quite a bit of stuff in the last day Kristen was here before I dropped her off at the airport. After the gym we went to a gluten free bakery for some $7.50 pieces of cake. (Kristen eats gluten-free as well. My sisters and I all inherited some of my mom's food sensitivities.) Anyway, I had been wanting to try this pretty looking cake for a long time, but I had no idea one piece would cost as much as an entire cake. Oh well, my curiosity is satisfied now. It looks better than it tastes, but it was still good. Maybe not $7.50 good though.
Boston got a gluten-free cupcake in which he just licked the frosting off.
After our cake we went to Brackenridge Park to take Boston on a train ride.
He's pretty easy to please.
Then we had just enough time to see the Japanese Tea Gardens before heading to the airport. Boston loved seeing the fish, and turtles.
We also saw a cool crane.
We tried to see the Japanese Tea Gardens the last time Kristen was here, but our car broke down on the way there, so we never made it.
It's a really pretty place, and it's free to visit.
I'm glad we made it this time with no car trouble. Scott was at work, so it's kind of a miracle that I made it to all these places without getting lost. I just had to call Scott once to get us to the airport.
Thanks for visiting Kristen! We had so much fun. Boston still talks about Aunt KK at the most random times and about the most random things. For example, one morning after he went to the bathroom he said, "I go lots of pee-pees like KK." Ha ha. I don't know why he said that, or what he was thinking, but it made me laugh.







No comments:
Post a Comment