Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Boston's a Real Texan Now and Our Family Resolutions


Scott had Monday off for New Years, so we took Boston to a farm near our house and he practiced his Texan skills. 


He did a great job riding the pony. He even said, "Gitty Up! and Yee Haw!" 



We were surprised at his bravery to let the goats eat right out of his hands. 



He was braver than me. I was all freaked out to do it at first. 









The bunnies were my favorite. I'm not a pet person at all, but if my kids ever beg me for a bunny, I might give in. 



 The highlight of my day, holding the baby bunny. 



This picture makes me feel kind of bad for eating that ham on Christmas. 



After Boston was done riding the pony and feeding the animals, he spun around on the tire until he couldn't walk straight anymore. 

We love it when daddy has a day off. 

That night we had Family Home Evening and set some family resolutions for the year. We'll share them with you so you can keep us accountable. 

1. Family prayer and scripture study with Boston every night before he goes to bed. 

2. Family Home Evening every Monday

3. When Boston is misbehaving make sure we tell him what he can do instead of can't do. We also want to focus on the tone of voice we use with him and make sure it is a positive one.

4. Get Boston potty trained. (We thought we were there back in October, but we are starting from square one today again. So far so good. I'm prepared and willing to clean up a lot of messes this time around because our diapers are all gone and I'm not buying more.)

5. Do some sort of family exercise every week whether it's a family walk on Sunday, or a family bike ride on Saturday, or whatever. 

6. Scott and I want to choose two books to read together. 

7. Have 6 different families over for dinner or dessert. 



2 comments:

Heidi F said...

That looked like one awesome farm and animal petting area. Very cool. Boston makes a darling Texas cowboy! You have some super family resolutions. You can do it! (like Scott said, at least until April, right?)

Reeve family said...

Such great new years resolutions! I am so glad we are friends with you guys. Your family makes us want to be better and you are just fun to be around!