Boston sure lucked out.

And when it comes to husbands...

I sure lucked out too.
Boston and I had a good Father's Day weekend celebrating how lucky we are to have Scott as a husband and dad.

Saturday night I took Scott on a date to the Islamorada Fish Company, the restaurant inside the Bass Pro Shop. He had been wanting to go there for awhile, so I got a babysitter and surprised him. Before we ate though, I made him go shopping and pick out some new jeans for work. It was about time he get some new clothes. His manager at work even teased him about the condition of some of his jeans. Ha ha. Nordstrom Rack is awesome. He found some nice jeans there that were actually long enough for him, as well as a swim suit that comes to his knees, not above! The prices were a steal of a deal too. Now we just need to find him some shorts to replace these.
We definitely recommend the restaurant inside the Bass Pro Shop to anyone who lives near a Bass Pro Shop. Not a lot of people even know they have a restaurant, but it's delicious! The one by our house has an awesome giant fish tank inside which makes the atmosphere more fun. The other good thing about this restaurant is that you can browse around the Bass Pro Shop while you're waiting to be seated. Oh and I can't forget to mention that they serve you the best bread in the entire world while you are waiting for your food. It's definitely not gluten free, but some things are just worth it, and this was.
I'm officially no longer a fish hater. I think ordering fish the past 6 times we've gone out to eat officially makes me a fish lover. I got the mahi mahi, which is definitely my favorite fish (that I've tried so far in my short life of fish-loving). I think the exact words out of my mouth after my first bite were, "Chicken never made me this happy." That made Scott laugh. I just love how soft and fluffy mahi mahi is! It melts in your mouth. I'm big on food textures, and the texture of white, fluffy fish blows the texture of chicken out of the water :) (pun intended)
![]() |
| Oops. Caught him with his mouth full. |
Scott got mahi mahi as well, but a different flavor. Mine was teriyaki, and his was fire grilled, but it was supposed to be maple glazed. He's too nice though and didn't complain. Just to show you how nice this guy is, I'll tell you our conversation. Me, "That's not what you ordered. Go back and make them give you a new one." Scott, "No it's OK. This is good too. I payed for a delicious meal, and that's what I got." Seriously. He's way too nice! I would have made them give me a new one!
Sunday was spent skyping and eating good food. We skyped with my sister Jessica and her kids before church, and then with my parents and Scott's parents after church. We are so grateful for technology. It makes living in a different State a lot easier. It's really cool how we can feel like we're right there in our childhood homes when we skype with our parents. Boston even gets to see my parent's dog CC when we skype. He loves feeding that dog and watching him through the back door when we are visiting my parents in Utah, so it's really cool that he's able to see him on my dad's laptop when we skype.
I was happy that our Father's Day dinner turned out to taste a lot better than my mac n cheese disaster I had made the previous week. Ha ha. :) These are all of Scott's favorite foods. He has good taste. I love them all too, except for the meat. I could live without that, but I couldn't live without the rest. Scott also got one of his favorite breakfasts Sunday morning, a big fat omelet, apple juice, sausage, and strawberries.
Boston wanted to tell his dad five things he loves doing with him:
1. Playing ball!
2. Going swimming.
3. Playing hide and seek (especially when you scare the crap out of mommy). I'll have to write that story down sometime. You kind of had to be there though.
4. Going camping and hiking.
5. Going mini golfing, getting Sonic drinks, and other Father-son outings.
Happy Father's Day Scott! We love you!



No comments:
Post a Comment