Thursday, September 11, 2008

Just a Random Update

Monday was an exciting day for Scott and I. We got to go see our baby doctor, Dr. Reese. We both really like him. He's a younger doctor and he seems like a fun and happy guy. A girl in my ward who is also pregnant has him for her doctor and she has known him for a long time and highly recommends him. It was good to hear that because I had no idea what doctor to pick so I just randomly picked one. I love going to the doctor so I can hear the baby's heartbeat.
The most exciting thing about Monday's doctor visit was that we got to schedule our ULTRASOUND!

YAY! It's on Monday Sept. 22nd!

I have been able to feel the baby kick for a couple weeks now and it's so CUTE! It feels like tiny little nudges. Scott hasn't been able to feel it yet, but hopefully in a few more weeks he can. I have definitely been feeling better, but I still have days that I feel really yucky. I think I'm a wimp when it comes to feeling sick because I NEVER felt sick before I was pregnant. I was always healthy as a horse and had plenty of energy. I have a high pain tolerance, but a low nauseous tolerance.

Scott started the Masters program for Information Systems at the beginning of this month. He's also doing the PhD prep program because he is thinking about getting his PhD and becoming a professor. So far he really likes his PhD class. Going back to school also means the start of Scott's myriad of intramural sports teams. He has a flag football game tonight at seven, and a soccer game Saturday at 8 am. It's fun to go watch him play, and it's a good way to make friends with the other wives that are watching.

I thought I was really going to miss not going to school with Scott this semester, but so far I'm really loving not having homework and extra stress, especially on the days that I don't feel good. I am also loving my job at SOS Physical Therapy. I'm mostly doing secretary work and insurance stuff, but I also help with the physical therapy tech stuff sometimes. Another good thing about not having school is that I have been cooking a lot more now. I think it's fun to cook and try new recipes. It also helps keep the grocery bills down a lot because we don't have to buy expensive pre-made meals or frozen pizzas, and Scott can take the leftovers for lunch instead of buying food on campus.

That was kind of a long boring update without any pictures, so here are some pictures of my pregnant belly progress.
This is about eleven or twelve weeks


This is fifteen weeks. Not much difference, but I am slowly but surely growing. Sometimes i loop a rubber band through my top pants button instead of buttoning them so my pants are more comfortable when I sit down. It works really good!


This is just me trying on my new dress from Heidi to see if it would still fit in a couple months, and it looks like it will be my favorite Sunday dress this winter.


This is Scott kicking my butt at the pregnant belly contest. He has the cutest little pregnant belly. I am seventeen weeks, and Scott is about twenty four I think. He weighs himself with me every time we go to the doctor because he wants to pack on some pounds too. His goal is to weigh 208 pounds by the time I have the baby. He's doing pretty good so far. Last time we went he weighed 199. He gained two pounds in between doctors visits, but I doubled that amount and gained four.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Fun updates! You are in such a fun stage of life...college and intramural sports, preparing for your first child...it's so fun!!!!
Cute pix too. Post some pictures when you REALLY have a belly though. lol. I can't wait to hear if it's a girl or boy!!!!!!

Lindsay Thacker said...

haha I LOVED The pics!! So cute! Isnt just the neatest thing to feel the baby move and kick inside you? Oh I miss being pregnant already! :) Seriously Andrea I cant tell you how excited I am for you! You are going to be the cutest mom and you will abslultley LOVE IT! Please call me SOON as you find out what the sex is. I cant wait to hear!

Kim said...

I love your so cute update!! I cannot believe how TINY you STILL are!! You're hiding that baby well. :) Glad you found a good OB doctor too, that helps alot. You look so cute in that dress with the pillow underneath. Scotty boy sounds super busy. Have a great semester, see you at Christmas and by then you better have a belly!

Jaylynn said...

You still don't look pregnant Andi! I'm glad you're feeling better. Fun pictures! You guys are such a cute couple :)

Heidi F said...

Can't wait for the ultrasound! This is too exciting. Someday you will even start looking pregnant. Ü All the pix were darling.