Tuesday, April 7, 2015

San Antonio Missions Half Marathon


On February 28, I ran the San Antonio Missions half marathon. I drove down with my friend Whitney. We decided to leave our husbands and kids at home because it was a really cold and rainy morning. 


My goal for this race was to run under a 1:40. I really wanted to run a sub 1:40, hence the look of focus and determination on my face. I knew it would be a stretch for me. I was dreading the forecast of freezing cold rain for this race, but after about 3 miles, the cold felt great. 


The course was mostly flat, but there were some hills the last couple miles of the race, and I had to really push hard. 


I hate running pictures of myself, but the look on my face in these pictures is so bad that it's just funny. I'm sure I'll want to look back and laugh at myself one day. I already laugh when I look at these pictures. This was taken at the top of a hill less than a mile from the finish where I was digging deep because I was barely going to be able to break 1:40. 


I did it, barely! My time was 1:39:32. 




I was a bit exhausted when I finished if you can't tell by the look on my face. 


And this picture is just hilarious. I look like I'm going to puke. I felt like I was going to puke, ha ha. 


I got a hat for placing which I gave to my dad when they came to visit in March. We toured the Missions while they were here, so it was a good souvenir for him. 


I placed 2nd overall for the females, but the results above say I placed 3rd because the 2nd place person is actually a guy (Scott Richards). He came up and talked to me after the race saying he had run it for a friend and asked them to fix his bib. They fixed the name, but never changed his bib from female to male. Oh well, I was happy to get that sub 1:40! 

No comments: