Thursday, February 5, 2015

Boston's 6th Ninjago Party!



Scott and I got to celebrate the blessing of being parents to Boston for 6 years now on Tuesday, January 20th! I can't believe it's been 6 years already! (This is one of my favorite pictures of Boston, taken at Kristen's wedding by her photographer.) 



Boston got to open his presents from us and his grandparents before school on his birthday. 



He got legos, a kickboxing bag, a pool towel, and a frisbee. 


I picked up some chick-fil-a after teaching water aerobics and met him at his school for lunch on his birthday. He also got to share some cupcakes with his class that day. 


This kickboxing toy was made for Boston. He's needed one of these his entire life. I'm glad he finally has one. 



We let Boston choose what he wanted for dinner  on his birthday, and he was happy with a cheese pizza from Little Caesars. We even gave him the option to pick a restaurant to eat at, but I'm glad he was so easy to please. 


The Saturday following his birthday we had a friend Ninjago party at our house. Thanks to Pinterest, I got a bunch of ideas and printables for a Ninjago party. I thought these little candy sushis made from rice krispy treats, fruit roll ups, and swedish fish were so cute. I made them to put in the little party favor boxes each kid got to take home. 


They also got some ninja suckers, and some little toy ninjas in their box. 




I had eaten at a Chinese restaurant the week of Boston's birthday, and I asked them if I could buy some extra fortune cookies so I could put a fortune cookie in the boxes too. 


Making the little boxes was probably my favorite thing about the party. The outside said, "I am fortunate to call you my friend. Thank you for celebrating my birthday with me!" I copied it off Pinterest. :) 


We invited 7 boys over, and 6 ended up coming. A house full of boys is crazy and chaotic, but I'm just glad they all had fun and no one got hurt!


The first thing we did was an obstacle course put on by Scott. It was their ninja training. 



Then Scott and Brody left to pick up some pizzas, and I was in charge of the circus. We played pin the beard on Sensei Wu, the Ninjago leader. 



Then I tied balloons to all of their ankles and told them the last one with their balloon un-popped wins the game. 


They had a lot of fun with that game.






We also had some unplanned wrestling, dog piling, and rough housing going on throughout the party. That's what happens when you have a house full of boys hopped up on sugar!


The ninja crew: Seth, Preston, Trenton, Matthew, Boston, Alex, and Corban. 




Right before pizza they decoded their ninja names. 






After sitting still for at least a whole 15 minutes to eat pizza, they had to get outside and burn some serious energy on the trampoline before having to sit still again to eat cake. 



I kept the cake simple since I'm lacking in artistic abilities, but it got the job done. Sugar and frosting is all the boys really care about right? 






After cake, Boston got to open his presents. He got a cool army truck, and lots of legos! 





I'm so glad Boston got to have a fun birthday with his friends this year. He had to wait extra long for this party since last year he had a 9 day old brother, and his mom wasn't up for throwing a party. Happy birthday Boston! We sure love having you in our family!

No comments: