I had a lot of trouble getting Brody to sit still longer than 2 seconds for me to snap his 10 month picture next to his fox.
He is active and on the move now!
He loves to climb on things, pull himself up on things, and get into anything inside the cupboards and drawers that he can. We are working on installing hardware on our cupboards so we can lock them. I can't wait until that's done!
I feel like he always has at least one bruise or battle wound on his face from all his exploring and activities he's into right now. Just last night he got a fat lip due to an accident with the dishwasher. It was so sad. Shortly after it happened, Boston solemnly and very seriously said, "Well, at least he's still alive." He wasn't trying to be funny, he was completely serious, so it made Scott and I laugh. Then as I was trying to console Brody, Boston came running down the stairs with his favorite stuffed animal, his giraffe. He gave it to Brody and said to me, "Wipe the blood off when he's done with it, ok mom?" He let Brody sleep with his giraffe and tried to cheer him up. That kid is so dang sweet.
Brody learned a new trick and I think it's one of the cutest firsts that he's had so far. He loves to say hi to people! He sticks his hand up in the air with a huge smile on his face and says, "Hiiii!" He does it to people as we are walking into the gym, or people walking by in the church hallways, or people outside when we go for a walk or a run. He's always making strangers smile as we pass by with his cute enthusiastic hi's. He's going to be friendly just like his big brother.
Brody is also saying "ma ma" and "da da" a lot more. I think he might be figuring out what they mean too, but it's hard to tell.
New foods that Brody tried this month are bread with coconut oil, bread with almond butter, frozen peas, mandarin oranges, and kix cereal. He loved the bread with coconut oil and almond butter.
I wasn't kidding when I said he always has a mark on his face. The red nose in these pictures was from a nose dive he did onto an outside doormat.
Since he's sticking his tongue out in this picture, that reminded me that Brody thinks tongues are funny. If you stick your tongue in and out and make noises he laughs and tries to imitate you. He'll also try to grab your tongue. Sometimes when I'm holding him, I'll notice that he's staring very intently and curiously at my mouth.
He sleeps through the night on most nights from about 8pm-7am. On the days we stay home, he naps in the morning around 9am, and again in the later afternoon around 3:00pm. When I teach, he naps when we get home from 11-2. Sometimes he's still take a short nap around 4:30 on those days too. He won't cry himself to sleep though. I've learned that he either goes down right away, or he screams and doesn't give up until you get him. When he's ready and willing to take a nap, I just lay him in his crib with his binky and he goes right to sleep. If he's not ready, or I missed my magic window, I've learned there's no use in trying.
It only took me about 100 tries, but I finally got him to sit next to the fox long enough for me to snap a picture! Happy 10 months Brody! Stop growing up so fast! I can't believe I'm already thinking about what we should do for his 1st birthday!!

1 comment:
He is adorable and getting so mobile. I loved your post and all the pictures. It makes me feel a little closer! Love you!
Post a Comment