Sunday, August 3, 2014

More Utah Fun: Temple, Engaged, Snowbird, and Lagoon


We got to attend the sealing of Scott's sister's baby, Brielle, while we were in Utah. It was beautiful, and such a neat experience! They have such a beautiful family! 




Later that night Kristen came home with some exciting news! It was so fun to be in Utah when she got engaged! 


They came to my parent's house after their engagement and told us all about it. I'm glad I was able to get to know Jace before they got engaged. I also overheard his conversation with my dad when he came to ask permission to marry Kristen. :) Jace is a great guy, and we are all excited to have him in our family. Boston really loves his new uncle-to-be. They were good buddies the entire time we were there. We are so happy and excited for them! 


We spent some time at the Roy Aquatic Center one day with Scott's family. 


 That's when Boston experienced the diving board for his first time. 


He loved it! He did it over and over and over again. 


Brody and cousin Savannah


Twins.






 It was fun to be able to do so many outdoor activities without melting! For Family night one Monday we hiked Ensign Peak with Scott's family. It was a really fun hike. I can't believe I grew up in Utah and have never hiked Ensign Peak!



This was Brody's first hike. He did great hanging out in his wrap. He even fell asleep for a little while.


Brody loves being outside!



We had a beautiful view of Salt Lake when we got to the top. 







 After our hike we watched a movie in Scott's parent's backyard. 


Nothing better than popcorn and being outside on a beautiful Utah Summer night!



The next day we went to Snowbird Ski Resort for the day.


 They had all sorts of fun things to do there. We did a zip line, rock climbing, a mountain roller coaster, slides, and rode the gondola to the top of the mountain. 


I've never seen Boston so determined to do anything as he was trying with all his might to get to the top of the rock wall. He was so tired that he was shaking, but he did not want to give up. He kept trying until we told him he needed to take a break. He cried because he didn't quite make it to the top, poor kid, but he did awesome and got really close! 





The cousins waiting to ride the gondola to the top of the mountain. 


It was beautiful at the top!


Although I totally had anxiety that Boston was going to fall off the mountain cliffs. He has no fear. I was really uptight the entire time and he was mad at me for not giving him more freedom like his older cousins got. 




After Snowbird, we met up with Kristen, my mom, and sister Jessica for a little wedding dress shopping! 


The day after Snowbird, we went to Lagoon! We stayed pretty busy in Utah!


It was a HOT day! Boston was tall enough to ride almost everything, so that was really fun. Scott and I just took turns watching Brody and traded off on the rides. 





The pineapple dole whip that Scott and I shared was one of the highlights of the day. It tasted so good!


Boston was really brave and rode Wicked! It has a hill that goes straight down. (See below) He cried a little at first because he didn't think he wanted to go, but then he loved it and wanted to go again. Wicked is my favorite ride at Lagoon, so I'm glad I got to go with Boston and Scott!


That hill that goes straight up and straight down is the first hill on Wicked! 


We were all pretty exhausted after about 7 hot hours at Lagoon, but it's always fun to do Lagoon every once in awhile. Brings back childhood memories! 

No comments: