Thursday, August 21, 2014

Happy 7 Months Brody!

We've been soaking up every last minute of Summer before Boston goes to Kindergarten, so it's been harder and harder to find time to blog. I also started teaching cxworx again, which is a choreographed core class, so I've been spending my nights memorizing choreography a lot lately. I still have some Utah posts to do, but I thought I better post Brody's 7 month pictures before he turns 8 months in a couple weeks! 


The other day we stopped to buy Boston's school supplies on the way home from teaching water aerobics. As we were out and about doing our errands, I looked at Brody sitting patiently in his carseat, calmly sucking on his binky and waiting to take his long overdue morning nap, and I thought to myself, "Man you've been nothing but a piece of heaven since you got here." That's the best way I can describe this adorable little 7 month old. A piece of heaven. 


I haven't done a comparison post of Boston and Brody in a long time, so here's a picture of Boston at 7 months. I'm so glad I took these pictures! Looking at this picture makes me want to go back in time and hold my adorable little 7 month old Boston with his huge blue eyes. I can't believe how different Boston and Brody look! It makes me so excited to see what Brody will look like as he gets older. 


Brody was born with blue eyes, but lately they have been looking more hazel. I keep wondering if they'll turn brown. 


Brody hasn't shown any signs of crawling yet. He just rolls all over the place to get to the things he wants. 


When I looked at Boston's 7 month post I was surprised to see that he was getting up on his hands and knees and almost crawling by 7 months. Brody is definitely not as active as Boston was as a baby. 


This is as close as Brody has gotten to crawling, and I'm perfectly fine with that. :) I love his chill and content demeanor. 


Brody's very social and gets offended if you lay him down and walk away. He doesn't get fussy very often, but when I set him on the floor in the living room and walk into the kitchen, he gets upset because he wants someone to hang out with him. He doesn't just want me though. He'll stop fussing if anyone goes to keep him company. He loves to be talked to, and he also loves to "talk" back. He says mama and dada, although they are just babbles. He doesn't know what they mean yet. 


I've been slow to start solids with Brody, probably because I want to make my own this time, and life's been too crazy lately, but obviously little chub is getting enough to eat despite me being slow with solids.  He still nurses every 3-4 hours, and then he has baby oatmeal or rice cereal mixed with breastmilk once or twice a day. He gets so excited every time we put him in his high chair to eat. I'm excited to start blending up all kinds of fruits and veggies for him and watching his reactions to them! 


The biggest news I have for Brody at 7 months is that I finally let him sleep in his own room! He's been right next to me either in his bassinet or pack n play since he was born. I kept saying that I didn't want to walk down the hall and get him in the middle of the night if he woke up, which was true, but it was also because I'm way too attached to the little guy. However, we are both sleeping so much better now and I'm so glad I finally put him in his own room!! I should have done it a long time ago. 


We are both light sleepers, so we are both sleeping much deeper now that we aren't waking each other up with every little noise and movement. Brody was still waking up a little bit here and there, and also around 4 or 5am to eat up until I put him in his own room, but now he sleeps all the way through the night. 


Boston's friends all love Brody. Whenever we go places with his friends, or he has friends over, Brody gets quite a lot of attention from them. 




Sometimes I pay Boston to hang out with his brother, but it's still cute. Boston was working really hard to earn some money to buy a toy dragon, so I had a good little babysitter for the times when Brody wouldn't let me set him on the floor and walk into the kitchen. I would set the timer for 15 minutes and if Boston kept Brody happy the whole time, I'd give him a quarter. Pretty easy quarter if you ask me. 


I think it's really sweet how I can already tell that Brody looks up to his big brother Boston and thinks he's pretty awesome. 


One morning I had gone upstairs to change really quick, and when I came back down I found Boston laying on the floor next to Brody in the pillow fort he had made him to keep him safe. He was entertaining Brody with one of his toys, and Brody had his little hand on Boston's head. It melted my heart and I'm so glad I was able to take a quick picture of the scene with my phone so I can remember that sweet little moment forever. 


I can't think of anything else that's new with little Bro in the past month, so I'll just post some cute pictures of him that I've taken randomly on my phone. Brody loves being in the pool. Look at his happy face (and just ignore my crazy tan lines). 






Couldn't be more grateful for the little piece of heaven that joined our family 7 months ago. :)

1 comment:

Jaylynn said...

He's such a doll! He really looks quite different from Boston. Kinda fun.