Last Saturday we went to a Fall Festival at USAA. It's a tradition they do every year with food booths and a variety of other entertainment around the campus, but this was the first year they did it in October. They usually do it in the Summer, but decided to do it in October so it wouldn't be as hot. It was still hot, but at least it was only in the low 90's, so the heat was more bearable than the Summer months.
Boston saw his good buddy Kennedy there and they watched an escape artist together for a little while.
We also dressed up like Germans in the Germany section for some photo booth pictures, tried a bunch of the different food booths, and visited a little scarecrow forrest for some pictures.
One of the highlights of the day was the petting zoo. Boston's passion is animals right now. He's really into the exotic African animals, but he loves all animals.
Even though it was a humid 90+ degrees and I felt sick the whole time, seeing the look on his face when he picked up that baby chic made all the walking in the heat worth it.
He was so exited about the duck "biting" his finger, because he said it tickled.
All Boston wanted the entire time we were there was a balloon. The line was insanely long when we first got there, so we told him we'd come back to the balloons later. When we finally made our way back to the balloon line, there was a guy standing there with a sign that said, "Sorry. End of Line." My heart sank. I convinced/begged the guy to let us into the line. While I was in the bathroom, Scott told the guy good job for not saying no to a pregnant woman (A sweaty, sick, exhausted one might I add. Smart guy.).
After a loooong hour+ wait in the balloon line, Boston got his beloved balloons, and his night was made. He chose a laser gun, and I got an octopus because I knew his balloon would only last about 5 minutes before he popped it and then the night would be ruined. Sure enough, a piece of his laser gun popped about 10 minutes later. He still played with what was left of it, and the next morning he was so excited to play with his octopus.
We ended the night with some live music and a great firework show. I wish USAA would put on a firework show for the 4th of July. It was much better than the firework shows we've seen here on July 4th. We're grateful to USAA for treating us well the past three years we've been here! Now I can't wait for the Christmas party!




No comments:
Post a Comment