Two Saturdays ago I went up to Austin for the weekend with some friends to do the Color Run with our kids. Scott wasn't able to go because he was camping with the Scouts, so my friend Stacie and I drove up together and shared a room together because her husband didn't come either.
We went out to dinner Friday night at a fun cafe with an outdoor playground and a band.
There was also a little pond that the kids got nice and dirty in before we headed back to the hotel.
movie time at the hotel before going to bed.
There were five families (Kecks, Thelars, Reeves, Widdisons, and us) that did the Color Run and stayed the night at the hotel. Most of us did the race with our four-year-olds, and the Heather did it with her six and eight-year old.
We got the kids up bright and early to go have breakfast at the hotel before the race. They were pretty excited. Boston couldn't wait to be a "rainbow bomb."
They had a little dance party before the race started. Boston loves dancing.
Cute kids getting ready for their big race. Still all clean!
Boston got so excited every time he saw a color station and would start sprinting towards it.
I wasn't sure if he'd make it the whole race without me having to carry him, but he made it. The excitement of getting to the next color station kept him going.
We did a walk/run throughout the race. He kept a good pace.
This is my favorite picture of him from the race.
Getting tired and sweaty, but we're almost there!
Sprinting to the finish.
He made it!
This is probably my favorite 5K I've ever done. It was so fun running it with Boston.

The mom finishers, plus Boston.
They gave everyone a color packet for the finish and Boston dumped the entire thing over his head.
I was a little worried I would still be colorful for church the next day, but after a good long shower, actually two, I was able to get it off. Except I had blue armpits for the next couple days.
The cute kids who finished the race. They all ran so well.

After we all got as clean as we could, we went out to lunch and then Stacie and I headed back to San Antonio. It was a fun weekend, and I was grateful to have something fun to do while Scott was camping. I can't wait to do it again next year, hopefully with Scott too.

















1 comment:
That is honestly the cutest thing ever! What a fun time together. Those kids were adorable! I miss Boston! Thanks for keeping your blog going so we can "see" him!
Post a Comment