The big ultrasound day was August 23rd, when I was 18.5 weeks pregnant. It's such an exciting and nerve wracking day. I was especially excited that we got to bring Boston with us. We told him they were going to use a special camera so he could see the baby in my tummy. He could not wait to see the baby, and he was also so curious about what this mysterious camera would look like.
He got to watch his favorite show, Wild Kratts, while we were in the waiting room.
Our appointment was on a Friday night, so we were pretty much the only people there. We didn't have to wait long at all.
It is so amazing to see a little human wiggling around inside of me. The "special camera" wasn't what Boston was expecting at all, but he still thought it was really cool to see the baby. He couldn't see it at first which didn't surprise me, but then we pointed out his head and tummy and he said he could see it. He had a big smile on his face the whole time.
For some reason everyone thought we were having a girl this time, including myself and Scott. But we were clearly wrong! When we saw that it was a boy, Boston jumped up and down and said, "Yay! I knew it was going to be a brother first!" It was interesting because Boston used to always talk about getting a sister, then he talked about getting a brother and a sister (and we thought we might have twins), then a couple weeks before the ultrasound he started talking about his brother. We would always say, "But you'll still be happy if it's a sister first right?" We are very excited to have another adorable boy in our family, and I'm especially excited Boston will have a brother. He is already so excited to teach him everything he knows.
Here are the pictures the sonographer gave us. My favorite is the middle one where you can see his little hand up by his cheek. It looks like he's sucking his thumb, but he's just resting it on his cheek. So cute. I can't wait to hold him every time I look at that picture.
Once we found out it was a boy, Boston lost interest in the ultrasound, so he got to continue watching Wild Kratts while Scott and I stared at the screen completely fascinated a little longer.
Best day of my pregnancy thus far, although the day I found out I was pregnant is a very close second.
Can't wait to be a family of four in January! We feel so blessed!

1 comment:
Yay for having another boy!!
Post a Comment