Wednesday, August 7, 2013

6th Anniversary


On July 7th Scott and I celebrated our 6th anniversary. It was on a Sunday, and I was feeling sick, so we had a relaxing day. We went to church, took naps, watched a family movie, and then Scott made dinner and served it to me on the couch. I told him I'd be in charge of dessert if he'd be in charge of dinner, but I didn't expect him to do a 6 course meal. He had a pre-appetizer (cheese and crackers that you see in the picture), appetizer (sautéed zucchini), soup, salad, chicken and rice for the main course, and dessert. With every course he gave me a paper he had typed up with 6 things on it like the first 6 memories he has of us, 6 places he wants to go with me, 6 favorite moments etc. It was really sweet. 


For dessert we had a mint chocolate ice-cream cake.




Boston took this picture of us. Pretty good for his first one with the big camera huh? 


The following Saturday Scott and I went on a date. I guess this is the only picture we took from that date. Once a month the preschool by our house does a parent's night out from 5-10pm. Boston likes to go there, so we took him there while we went out to eat and saw a movie. We ate at Cosi, a soup, salad, and sandwich restaurant. I couldn't decide between two salads so I got them both. They were both good! Scott liked his sandwich too. We ended up seeing Despicable Me 2. I felt a little guilty seeing a cartoon movie without Boston, but that was the only decent movie out at the time.  

Oh the other fun part about our anniversary was announcing to our friends on facebook that we were expecting. :)