Sunday, November 6, 2011

Paradise Canyon

This past weekend we went on our first family camping trip since moving to Texas. One of the things we miss the most about Utah since moving here (besides family), is the lack of mountains. We really enjoyed the chilly weather, smell of campfire, and pretty trees at Paradise Canyon because it reminded us of our Utah camping days a little bit. 


I'll admit I had no idea that Texas had any camping places this pretty. I was pleasantly surprised. We even got to see our very first Fall color! Now that it's Winter, it's the perfect temperatures for camping, so hopefully we'll discover some more Texas beauty that we haven't seen yet.


 This was our Ward camping trip so we enjoyed talking with friends, eating cobbler, and roasting marshmallows Friday night. Boston was in heaven chasing the older boys around, collecting sticks, getting dirty, and burning marshmallows. He loved sleeping in the tent too. He sang twinkle twinkle little star for awhile before falling asleep. It was pretty cute. He only woke up once during the night and I think it was because he was cold. I put him in our sleeping bag and he went right back to sleep. The next morning he said, "That was fun go night night in tent!"

No comments: