Tuesday, June 22, 2010

He's The Man!

Boston sure thinks so, and so do I! I love watching Boston get so excited he looks like he's going to explode everyday around 5:30 when he hears jingling keys and the doorknob rattling. He knows daddy's home and his eyes get all big, he gets a huge smile on his face, and his body tenses up with excitement. As soon as Scott walks in the door Boston squeals and runs to him. We love this guy. He's not just the man, but he's our man!


A month or so ago I came home from a Pampered Chef party with a sample of some ribs we made there. Scott tried them and didn't want to brush his teeth before he went to bed because he wanted the taste to stay in his mouth. He sure loved them. Ha ha. So I thought I'd try to make them for his special Father's Day dinner. I surprised him Saturday night with ribs and mashed potatoes. I had never made either before, but Scott was happy with the dinner, so I guess I didn't screw them up too bad. We discovered Boston's love for mashed potatoes that night too.


Sunday we woke up and had a nice breakfast before church. Then our friends Russ and Camille invited us over to their house after church for a yummy dinner. Scott knew Russ from BYU before we moved here and now we live in the same apartment complex. They are a lot of fun to hang out with and I have been running a couple days a week with Camille. It's so fun to having a running buddy that lives so close by.






When we got home from the Lewis' Scott opened his presents, and we both called our dads. Scott got some cool new shades and some new socks for his daily basketball games at work. He's loving being able to play basketball everyday! I think he's crazy to even go outside in the middle of the afternoon, let alone play basketball! When he gets home from work I decided the better question to ask is how was your basketball game, rather than how was work. That's usually the answer I'll get even if I ask how work was. It goes a little something like this... "How was work?" "Well my shot was way off today, or good I was on fire today." Basketball is definitely one of the many pluses of working at USAA.

Thanks for being our man Scott! You do such a good job taking care of us! You are the best daddy and husband to us! We love you!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Loved this post! Congrats on the ribs and mashed potatoes! VERY COOL! I'd love to get your recipes! That is hilarious about asking Scott about his day. ha ha ha LOVE it! :)

Heidi F said...

That's my boy! Has been and always will be a basketball junkie. Cute post Andrea. Its so fun to hear from you and see pictures. Awesome job cooking ribs too. I'd like that recipe sometime. Give Boston a kiss for us!