Sunday, October 26, 2014

Crawling, Teething, and Exploring at 9 Months!



9 Month Stats:
Weight: 19.5 lbs. (46%)
Height: 28.5 in. (53%)
Head: 17.2 in. (14%)




 Brody's biggest news since his 8 month post is that he's crawling now! He crawled for the first time during the priesthood session of general conference on Oct. 4, one week before he turned 9 months. After weeks and weeks of army crawling, it was so cute and exciting to see him finally figure it out! He was very uncoordinated and wobbly at first, and it was adorable to watch him. 


He's also working on cutting his second tooth. They are the two bottom middle teeth. 


Brody figured out how to pull himself up on furniture too! You can tell he's more mobile now by the big bruise on his forehead. I feel like he's had a bruise there ever since he started crawling. We have a lot of tile in our house, poor guy. Just when I thought his bruise was getting better, he bonked his head again. 




Brody's teething treat is a frozen banana inside this little mesh thing that I bought. I give that to him when I need to keep him happy while I'm making dinner or something. The little mesh thing is cool because you can put whatever food in it that you want, and then they just suck on it and you don't have to worry about them choking on anything. The only thing I've had success with so far is bananas, but I haven't tried very many things yet. 


Sporting another purple shiner on his forehead. 


He loves his bananas. When I couldn't get him to eat some green beans, I just mixed some banana in and he ate them. 



I try to run when Brody is sleeping or I take him in the stroller when Boston is at school, but sometimes when the timing doesn't work out, or he wakes up while I'm running, I put him in the bouncer next to me. He's sat in his bouncer and played for an entire hour a few times while I ran. I was so impressed. I think the noise and movement of me on the treadmill is entertaining for him to watch, and I also keep a toy box nearby so I can hand him new toys when he gets bored. I love it when he hangs out with me in his bouncer while I run. It's so fun to look over and see his cute face. 


We're still working on trying new foods with Brody. He won't eat anything with chunks in it. It has to be really smooth and pureed. I tried giving him tiny pieces of bread to suck on, but he just spit it out. 


If he doesn't like something, he puts both hands in front of his face so you can't go anywhere near his mouth with the spoon, and if you try anyway, he swats at it. 


He still nurses every 3-5 hours, and then he eats some sort of baby food about twice a day. 


One morning I had to get creative to get my run done. We had an array of entertainment going on in the exercise room. Puffs, frozen bananas, and toys in his high chair got the job done. 


Brody's at the exploring age! It seemed to happen overnight. I need to childproof! One morning I was rushing to get Boston off to school, so I set Brody down in my closet while I threw on some some clothes. One of my plastic drawers was open and he pulled on it, knocking it over on top of him, along with all the shoes that were sitting on top. He was fine, but it scared him, and made a big mess. Then we hurried downstairs to make Boston's lunch. I set him on the floor again, and about two seconds later he pushed the garbage can over and spilled the garbage. It was a comical morning, and a great morning to be running late. Ha ha. It was a wake up call that he has moved into a new stage! I remember this stage with Boston, so at least I know what I'm in for this time. 



One of Brody's favorite things to do is ride in the stroller. He used to kick back and put his feet up on the bar, and now he sits forward and holds onto the bar like he's going for a roller coaster ride. I can't get over how cute it is. I love it. I'm glad he gets at least two short stroller rides a day when we walk Boston to and from school. 


I think it's so cute when babies feed themselves a bottle. Brody did it for the first time a couple weeks ago. The picture I took of him feeding himself reminded me a lot of the picture I took of Boston feeding himself for the first time. 


I went back and found Boston's picture to compare. I think Boston was only about 6 or 7 months though.


On the days I teach at the gym Brody has to wait until 11:00 to take his morning nap, but when we stay home he takes his morning nap around 9:00, so he's usually pretty exhausted by the time we get home from the gym. I stopped to get gas on my way home from the gym the other day, and I saw Brody completely zonked out. He still takes two naps a day on most days, one long one in the morning or early afternoon, and a shorter one in the late afternoon. 

Lots of fun changes for Brody at nine months! We feel so blessed every day for the smiles he brings to our home! 

No comments: