Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Christmas




Christmas morning around 7:00 or 7:30, Scott decided to lay outside Boston's door so we wouldn't miss him coming out of his room. He came out around 8:00, and then came running into the bathroom where I was getting ready and excitedly said, "Santa came!!" 


We like to make Christmas last all day so we open our stockings, make a nice breakfast, and then open our presents slowly throughout the day. We usually play with the toys or watch the movies after we open them before we open more presents. We usually add to our Disney movie collection for Christmas, and this year the movie was Pocahontas. It came with Pocahontas II as well, and Boston loves them both. 



We always get a new tree ornament in our stockings, and we try to have it go with something that happened during the year. I got Scott a personalized ornament that said,
Our First Home
The Fitzgeralds
and then our new address.
I couldn't find a good ornament to go along with Boston's year, so I got a bear ornament for him at Bass Pro because I thought it was cute. :) He wanted a Batman ornament, but I couldn't find a good one. 


He got plenty of other Batman and superhero things though!





Now that we live in Texas, we also do a lot of skyping with family on Christmas. This year we got to do a group skype with Kristen on her mission. It was fun to see her!  I think it made her a little homesick seeing all of her family on Christmas though. I could tell she was a little hesitant when it was time to say goodbye to everyone. I imagine it's pretty hard to be away from everything familiar to you on Christmas. She is doing really well though, and is a great missionary! She works hard, and is SO obedient to all the mission rules.


My sister Jessica made a cool fort kit for Boston, and my parents got him some giant kinex type things to go along with it. Now he can build all sorts of forts with Scott without having to use chairs and tables. 


Scott really liked his wooden castle blocks. :) I mean Boston really liked his castle blocks. 


We had Boston's bike hiding under a blanket the entire morning. If you look at the first picture where Scott is sleeping, you can see a big green blanket, and that's where we had the bike. We kind of thought Boston would see it first and look under the blanket, but he didn't seem to notice it even though it was sitting right in the middle of the room. Too much going on I guess. So, we decided to save his bike for last. 


Boston took an afternoon nap, and then we had the bike sitting in the living room, this time uncovered to make sure he would see it. We recorded him coming out of his room after his nap to see his bike. He loves riding his bike around the neighborhood with his friends! 

1 comment:

Heidi F said...

I love Boston's huge grin while riding his bike! He is so adorable. It looked like you had a fabulous Christmas!