Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cafe Rio Deliciousness

Scott and I love the Cafe Rio pork salads, but we don't love spending $17 just to eat dinner. So my friend Leanne from work gave me the recipe for the Cafe Rio pork and salad dressing. I tried it last night and it was really good! Actually it was better than Cafe Rio because it didn't come with the guilt of spending too much money on food! The pork and salad dressing were both really easy to make and we have TONS of leftovers.


Here are the recipes in case anyone else wants to try them out:

Cafe Rio Dressing:

1 envelope buttermilk ranch
1 c. milk
1 c. mayo
1/2 bunch cilantro
2 tomatoes
1 serano pepper
Blend all ingredients in blender. Refrigerate one hour.

Cafe Rio Pork:

1 pork loin
1 1/2 can coke
1 c. sugar
1 7 oz. can chipotle chiles in adobe sauce
1 tsp. dry mustard
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. minced garlic
Rinse chiles with coke (don't use the actual chiles). Mix all ingredients in blender. Pour over pork and cook in slow cooker for 7-9 hours. Shred with a fork.



The best part about these recipes is they make my cute husband happy :)

2 comments:

Heidi F said...

I have a recipe similar to that. I'll have to send it to you. Cafe Rio is the best! Now you can have it whenever you want!

Lauren Clyde said...

My my my, what a cleaver little witch! Mixing up your cafe rio brew... I will be copying these recipes, thank you!